Tuesday, September 20, 2005

WEEK 2





GRAMMAR OF VISUAL LANGUAGE (September 14th)


I was asked to draw my hand without looking at what I was actually drawing. Every line carved in the palm of my hand had to be carefully traced without lifting the pencil, a continuous line that was darken at thick points and lighten at thin points. At the end of this exercise, my paper had lines going all over the place, and in some instances actually resembling the hand that I was drawing. You can see the outcome in figure 1.0

The next exercise dealt with drawing an object with a continuous horizontal line. I was given a small light bulb and had to draw it without lifting my pencil or tracing the shapes contour. This was not a blind drawing like the first exercise so I was allowed to glance as I was drawing. Figure 1.2 shows the results

On the 3rd exercise we were asked to draw a chair in several ways within a certain amount of time:


  1. Using 1 continuous line (figure 1.3)

  2. Using 3 continuous lines (figure 1.4

  3. Using 5 continuous lines (figure 1.5)

I felt that using a single line to draw the chair demand less thinking and allowed me to draw the chair at a faster pace.

Last exercise was the easiest of all. I was to draw the contour of an object of my choice. This can be seen on figure 1.6.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home